Starting in September 2013, Team Solid rock will begin preparations for their 2013-2014 climbing season. The team welcomes experienced and novice climbers to be part of the structures, professionally coaches supportive and positive atmosphere. The team is led by Solid Rock Gym’s Head route Setter, Chris Mayo, who will instruct the team’s focus on all aspects of climbing, such as bouldering, lead climbing and top rope.
Practice begins on Sunday 9/15/13 in Poway. This practice is for all team members from all three gym locations. Orientation will take place prior to Sunday's practice. San Marcos orientation will be held on Tuesday 9/10/13 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. this will be for the San Marcos and Poway participants to ask questions and receive further details. Old Town orientation will be Wednesday 9/11/13 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Please be aware that if you miss the first practice or orientation, you are still able to join the team at any time during the season.
There will be two team categories, however, we are all ONE TEAM. Try-outs will be held only for those wanting to be on the Competitive Team and everyone will make one of the two teams, regardless of outcome.
- Specifically for those wanting to compete (with permission from coaches).
- Saturday competition attendance is required.
- Minimum age for competition team is 9 years old unless by coaches approval.
- Price includes coaching, team T-Shirt and USA climbing membership.
- Price $200 due at start of season or at time of sign up. $100 due at the start of each month afterwards.
Please contact Chris Mayo for questions or for team sign up. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum age for Team is 7 years old.
- Saturday competition attendance is optional.
- Learn to belay.
- Training for improved climbing.
- Price does NOT INCLUDE USA climbing membership, competition fees or gym membership.
- Price $100 due at start of season or at time of sign up. $100 due at the start of each month afterwards.